Thursday, October 30, 2008

Election Thoughts

I have been trying to think of a way to respond to people's questions about the election and then I saw this blog post by my friend and colleague Jeff Leake, pastor of Allison Park Church. I can't say it any better, so I here is how I wish I had said it first...

As Election Day approaches, I am being asked this question from a growing number of people. What do you think? McCain? Obama? Who should a Christian vote for? Now, I know in just listing this question on the blog, there is the potential for a flurry of comments for or against candidates and issues. Can I ask for you to guard your words in leaving comments? Please don't use the comment section as a plea for one or another of the candidates.

First, my hope for the future of the USA does not rest in this election. I believe in voting. I also believe that good leadership is critical to any nation, church, family, or business. But I believe that God is big enough to work in and through whatever happens on Nov 4th and beyond.

Second
, my primary concern is with the Kingdom of God and not with the United States of America...

Read the rest of his blog post by clicking here.

1 comment:

Melissa823 said...

I know it's a little late, but I read this before the election and I just think it's perfect! I'm glad it's now over and we can all go back to living life - and not looking for a human being to do much of what we need to do ourselves.